Bone in, with skin.
Can be pretty much any part of the chicken. It's nice to have diversity but if only given one choice, chicken thighs work best.
- 20 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- crack of fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp palm sugar (can use brown sugar)
- 1 ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- Marinade chicken for two hours.
- Sear chicken, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Pour in marinade uesd in Step 1, bring to boil
- Simmer (with lid) for 35 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook for another 25 minutes.
Best served on rice.