- 400 g noodles
- 300 g chicken
- 2 green onions (segmented)
- 1 carror (julienne)
- 3 ½ cups cabbage (about ½ of one head)
- 7 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp water
Take care to remove the heart from the cabbage.
- 1 ½ Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce (subst. hoisin sauce)
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Use seasoned wok.
Start by cooking the noodles, cooling with cold water, and setting to the side.
- Cook chicken to completion in wok, remove, and set to the side.
- Make the sauce by adding everything together and mixing (add cornstarch last)
- Add oil to wok on medium heat and throw in the green onions, cook until wilted.
- Add ¾ total garlic, cook until light brown.
- Increase heat to med-high and add cabbage and carrot, cook until wilted and allow slight charring.
- Add chicken back to wok and reduce heat to medium, toss.
- Add noodles, toss.
- Add bean sprouts, let cook until slightly wilting.
- Add sauce, toss until coated.
- Add water, toss.
- Add remaining ¼ of garlic, toss and serve.