General Tso's Chicken
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 1 inch knob of ginger (grated)
- pinch of salt
Recommended marinade time, 45 min or overnight (optimal)
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 inch knob of ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 5 dried chili peppers
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ Tbsp vinegar
- Dredge chicken in a 1:1 mix of cornstarch and flour.
- Deep fry chicken at 375 °F for 3 minutes or until light golden-brown.
- Sautee the garlic in oil.
- Add sugar and chili flakes, mix.
- Add wine and wait for alcohol to cook out.
- Add soy sauce and chicken broth.
- Bring to simmer.
- Stream in cornstarch slurry (made from mixing together the cornstarch and vinegar).
- Add chicken.