Penne alla Vodka
- 1 lb penne pasta
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g pancetta (can use bacon)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 3 cups (2 cans) crushed tomatoes
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup vodka
Go ahead and make the pasta before starting the sauce and reserve ¼ cup of the resulting pasta water.
- Add olive oil to pan on medium heat.
- Add pancetta/bacon, let simmer until all the grease has been sweated out.
- Add minced shallot, sautee.
- Add tomatoes, let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, mix in.
- Add vodka, let alcohol cook out.
- Add pasta, mix in.
- If you feel it's necessary, add the pasta water leftover from cooking the pasta.