Spaghetti and Meatballs
Good for 1 lb of spaghetti.
- ¼ lb ham (minced)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1 ¾ tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano (fine shredded)
- blackpepper (from the hip)
- ½ cup panko
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- t tsp salt
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil
You can use 2 cans of crushed tomatoes if you like a lot of sauce.
- Mix together all ingredients in no particular order until resulting mass is homogenous.
- Put on skillet on med-high heat, sear on all sides.
- Place to side.
Don't worry too much about the meatballs cooking all the way through, they'll finish cooking in the sauce later.
- Add olive oil to pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook until garlic is slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs, cook for about 8 more minutes.
- Add noodles, toss until coated.
- Garnish with pecorino and serve.