White Wine Sauce
This can go with pretty much anything but in this case it's going with chicken, tomatoes, and pasta.
Ingredients (pasta, chicken, and tomatoes):
- 1 lb pasta
- 300 g chicken thighs (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup white wine (your choice thereof)
Instructions (chicken and tomatoes):
If you're having this with pasta, go ahead and cook that, chill with water, and set to the side.
- Put chicken in pan on med-high heat.
- Midway through, add tomatoes.
- Remove all once chicken finishes cooking.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper to pan on medium heat.
- Cook until garlic is slightly brown.
- Add butter, cook until melted.
- Add chicken and tomatoes (and any sauce that they made when you cooked them).
- Add wine, increase to med-high, and let the alcohol cook out.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add pasta and toss.
- Garnish with Pecorino Romano and serve.
If you decide to add anything else to the sauce, do so before adding the wine in. The alcohol helps emulsify whatever liquids are in the pan at the time.